This page is for the Kindle eBook, Click Here for the paperback
Ever wanted to know what it’s really like to live in Glastonbury? ‘Normal For Glastonbury: Life in England’s Most Magical Town’ is a book full of insightful, affectionate and often humorous observations and anecdotes from over 30 years of life in England’s most magical (and oddest) town.
Besides collected writings and funny maps, there’s an illustrated ABC of Glastonbury, a timeline of significant events in Glastonbury’s history, essays covering social issues and pieces on Glastonbury Festival and its relationship to the Town. Published in May 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic the book also touches on life in Glastonbury in lockdown.
Foreword by Glastonbury based author and educator William Bloom, one of the world’s leading practitioners and experts in spirituality and wellness.
The eBook is currently only available as a digital download on Amazon Kindle.
“Snortingly laugh out loud moments, tears of recognition at certain points, this book really captures what it’s like to live here, what it means to be ‘Normal for Glastonbury’. Wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who wants to understand why people come to visit and why they stay, as well as provoking thought about more difficult issues from a balanced and ultimately humane perspective”.Gerry Barnett (5* review on Amazon)
“Written with a vibrant wash of colourful ink. Drawing stories of people, places and their infinite quests…Dowsing for salad? The ultimate home spun musical instrument? When does a twig become a magic wand? Which crystal crypronite keeps bands of marauding Virgo’s away? liminality at its best…Life in Glastonbury seems to be one rich luminous tapestry. (Slightly threadbare in places). The author has a deep love, a wry smile and a touch of cynicism that always questions their own personal perspective. Never judging, always rather awed and amazed at the humanity of it all….A love of all nature is imbued throughout. So if you need a day trip away from it all. It’s well worth the ride. Stories of Glastonbury and its iMagicnation.”Steven Fairclough (5* review on Amazon)
Please leave a review on Amazon and GoodReads
You can read the book for FREE with a free trial of Kindle Unlimited!
If you are a subscriber to Kindle Unlimited you can read Normal For Glastonbury the eBook for free. If you aren’t yet a member of Kindle Unlimited you can sign up for a free 30 day trial by Clicking Here or on the ‘Read for £0.00’ option on the book’s listing on Amazon. You can then cancel at any time. Kindle Unlimited membership gives you a wide range of titles to read absolutely free, some even come with free narration so you can listen to them for free too! (My book does not currently come with narration).
At the end of the 30-day Kindle Unlimited trial period, membership will automatically be renewed in a paid subscription for £7.99 per month. Customers can cancel their subscription at any time from their Amazon Account by adjusting the membership settings.
Why am I telling you how to read my book for free?
1. Each page you read of my book on Kindle Unlimited earns me a tiny amount of royalties.
2. If you go to my book’s listing and sign up to Kindle Unlimited by selecting ‘Read for £0.00’ (or using this link) I earn a £3 bounty! That’s actually more than I make from selling a copy of the book, plus you get to read and listen to lots of other books.
3. I’m hoping that you’ll like the book, give it a good review, recommend it to your friends, even gift a copy or buy a paperback version when I get these printed.
3. I actually think Kindle Unlimited is pretty good. It’s not only fiction, Kindle Unlimited titles cover all different genres – you can read travel, cookbooks, self help books, even popular magazines like ‘Spirit and Destiny’ and ‘National Geographic’ . Yes, I know it’s Amazon, but I signed up out of curiosity at Christmas, planning to cancel within the month. However, I’ve actually discovered quite a few new authors and read more books than I have done in ages so I’ve kept my membership going.
4. Amazon is giving me a much bigger reach to tell people about Normal For Glastonbury and life in Glastonbury Town. The sales of the book will help me carry on promoting the Town and it’s wonderful creative community, much of which I do for free!
To find out about other ways to support my writing please go to Support NFG
Normal For Glastonbury the Paperback
The paperback is in A5 format, 146 pages. P&P £3 to the UK.